According to our statutes (established in 1992) our aims are:
- to improve the psychosocial situation of sufferers and their relatives,
- to break down individual and social prejudices against sufferers from Eating Disorders,
- to enhance public understanding of eating disorders and identify those socio-cultural factors that may contribute to the onset of an eating disorder such as social "slimming-pressure", women's role in society, controversial role-expectations on girls and young women, and to help to change these factors,
- to achieve a more adequate treatment for sufferers,
- to increase quantity and improve quality of treatment and self-help offers; the orientation at the state of the art research in the sense of an evidence-based therapeutic acting concerning aetiology, pathogenesis, and treatment of Eating Disorders has to be global priority!